Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finally Better



I am finally better. For lack of more articulate terms, the flu sucks!

During my visit to the ugly underworld of illness, I, being the supper observant person I am, observed several undeniable truths.

Truth #1)- No offense to feminists or anything but men don't keep house.
My husband is particularly wonderful at picking up the reigns when I am unavailable. He does laundry, cooks (very well), takes kids to school, oversees homework, and does it all with a great attitude. However, my house falls completely apart. Men clean (or call it cleaning) in a way I will never understand, taking on projects that no one cares about and leaving messes staring you in the face. For example the table won't be cleared for three days but all filters of any kind will be changed.

Truth #2- I do way to much for my children.
Bless their lazy hearts. Did you know that if a child is not given the exact clothes to wear they cannot dress themselves? Or that if not told specifically they will not brush their teeth?.. and if asked to put away their clean, folded laundry, but not followed and helped with every step, they will just throw them in their floor?

Truth #3- In recent years I have come to think of myself as lazy, but, after 4 excruciating days of laying around, have discovered that I am actually allergic to sitting for long periods of time.

So being sick, although no fun, was a learning experience.

Today I am going to clean (and not one filter will be changed), cook (mine is better), and probably still do to much for my kids.... baby steps.

No comments: