Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Slippin' and Slidin'

For my baby girl's 7th birthday my husband (the genius) built a 30 foot slip and slide in our back yard. I was slightly afraid that little girls could be injured on such a magnificent contraption, but after some convincing, I conceded to its use. It proved a wonderful invention and resulted in hours of fun.



Not to be outdone by mere minors my husband and my (uh-hem) pastor decided to try it out for themselves......at this point it got much more interesting......




The stunts escalated until they landed on the "who could get the farthest going down the slip and slide standing up" portion of the games..... the word jackass comes to mind. However they both eagerly began. My husband (who suffers from chronic back and knee pain) didn't make it far, slipped, but managed to come away virtually unscathed. My pastor didn't fare so well.......

..........this is him, trying to recover from a slight concussion. Your welcome Robb.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Okay, I vote that these pictures show up at the start of the service on Sunday!

Hannah said...

I couldn't agree more!

Jae said...

I'm sorry I missed these shenanigans. And WHY would anyone spend $35-50 for a rinky-dink Slip'n Slide when a roll of plastic sheeting will meet your slipping/sliding needs for years?

Cassie said... said...

I'm just glad no one died!

Carrie said...

that is so funny!! wish we could have seen it (although I am sure carl would have been an active participant so maybe it's for the best!)