Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No! I Don't Have Swine Flu...I Think.

Yes, I have been very sick. No! Its not the swine flu! Every well wisher that has called me over the last few days has eventually gotten around to asking...... 'well..... is anyone else from your trip sick?', or, 'when did you get back from Mexico again?', or, my favorite, the more direct approach, 'do you think you have swine flu?' The truth is no, I don't have swine flu....I think.

Since I can stand up and walk today, without pain or fear of fainting, I googled symptoms of swine flue, there are only 52 billion or so options for this, so I picked the three most official looking options...... on the first page :-)

The reason I say with confidence No! I don't have swine flu!, is that every list I checked called swine flu a
respiratory illness. I have not had a single respiratory symptom. The reason I add, I think, is that it also adds on every list that sometimes it involves vomiting. I have felt like sh*! and had the beformentioned vomiting. But, I'm much better so no harm done either way. I'm still dizzy, but I think that will go away.

Sorry for the Mexico pictures without any labels. Those pictures were just some of my favorites out of hundreds! We had the time of our lives, our precious friends wed, and Derek and I had our second honeymoon! We have all been trying to come up with reasons to go back next year! I can't begin to explain the beauty of
Puerto Aventuras or the spoiling we received from the resort where we stayed, but it was unlike anything I had ever experienced. I will forever be in debt to our friends for making that trip possible and necessary for us. They will never know what it did for our relationship.


So long story short, we loved it, we're back, we'll go again, and No! I don't have swine flue...I think.......


(Sorry for the small font, I don't know how to undo it!)

3 comments:

Cassie said... said...

to bad...you could have got a few free trips out of it.

Vanessa said...

You are alive!

huh. never even thought of swine flu. Figured you had what Vin had :)

Hannah said...

Me too....but I didn't want to name names.