Thursday, June 12, 2008

I've Been Tagged

The Rules:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

QUESTIONS:

What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago I was a full-time stay at home mom (who never stayed home). I had a 1 year old,3 year old and 6-7 year old. I was in the throws of a rigorous therapy schedule with my son which required driving back and forth 3-6 times weekly, a daughter in pre-competition gymnastics who had to be at the gym at least twice weekly. Basically I lived in my car, lived breathed and immersed myself in autism and related education, put my son on a gluten and casein free died which required cooking ridiculous amounts of food and basically making my hobby "find the thing boy-child will eat" and regularly reminded myself to breath in and out. Now, right before this goes into sounding like a complete bitchfest, I must say, this was one of the most fulfilling times in my life. I think because looking back I see how much purpose I had.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. Take the kids swimming.
2. Blog for the first time in 2 months.
3. Do laundry (oh hurray!)
4. Paint my nails.
5. Attend a non-profit event with my awesome husband.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. A Margarita and anything.

2. Cheese and crackers.

3. Cubed cheese and wine.

4. Any kind of chips and dip.

5. Bread and Italian dipping oil.

CARBS ANYONE!!!

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Pay off my parents home and debt (I know how much of it I caused).

2. Buy my father-in-laws 1957 Chevy back for him.

3. Finance my church in any way possible.

4. Start an Autism Awareness foundation (Ness we may have to be in this together).

5. Buy my husband the biggest bad ass truck I can find (he really deserves it.)

What are five of your bad habits?
1. procrastinating

2. giving up.... before I start

3. second guessing myself

4. picking at blemishes or anything else that looks mildly pickable

5. NEVER SAYING NO TO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

What are five places where you have lived?
Believe it or not, I have only lived 3 places (this even means houses) in my entire life.

1. A certain city in Arkansas (moved into the house at 5 months of age)

2. A small farm in Arkansas (moved into the house 4 months shy of my 16th birthday)

3. My current home in small town, Arkansas (moved into the house in 1995 and still live here)

What are five jobs you’ve had?

1. Legal secretary (ooh aaah)

2. Nursery coordinator (these are very distinguished jobs)

3. Office Manager to a Pediatric Occupational Therapy Clinic

4. Substitute teacher

5. Teacher's Aide (or I'm going to be in the fall)

I Tag:
Jody, Cassie (start a blog already) and Aaron

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

it's amazing that so many of us who name procrastination as a bad habit were able to complete this little exercise so quickly : )

In five years, you are going to look back at this time as one of the best in your life because you were able to be so flexible.

Cassie said... said...

I have blog, but have never posted anyhting on it. You have lit a fire under my ass. I have 2 posts now.
cinderellawithoutthemagicslipper.blogspot.com

klasieprof said...

Well, I'm all in for the Autism support..I have a son with Asperger's, and have been to enough Child Support group meetings to run them until I die. I even have credentials to prove it.
SO..
Did the cassien diet thing work? Wondering????

Hannah said...

The cassien/gluten free diet worked at the time, however, my son never "broadened his pallet" as all the books said he would. So he lost weight (he's a stick already) and after 1 1/2 years I gave it up. I will say that even though I saw a difference in him when I first started the diet, when I took him off of the diet I did not see a big change. I have read many stories about this diet being life-changing for some kids, which leads me to believe that it works in a case-by-case kind of way.

Unknown said...

I'm done, go see for yourself.

Sara said...

2. Blog for the first time in 2 months.

HOORAY!