Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shackin' Up



I read The Shack..... in 2 days. It is one of those books you walk away from without really walking away...ever. This book takes your image of God and shakes it up in a wonderful way. It makes you cry and question, and once, slam the book shut and slide it across the floor. It reminds you, or it reminded me anyway, that most of what we do with religion has very little, if anything, to do with God. God is about relationships that was the whole point of Jesus.

2 comments:

Jae said...

As soon as mom gives it back to me, I'm reading it again! With a highlighter! I'm dying to know, at what point did you slam it shut and slide it across the floor?

Hannah said...

Sophia.... Mack trying to choose which of his kids. Gives a whole new meaning to judgment seat doesn't it?