Friday, August 22, 2008


I made it through my first week back at work. The kids made it through their first week back at school (note my complete lack of pictures). The week was very enjoyable. The kids in my class have already touched my heart..... and I am exhausted! But in a good way! (Although I did have two very large beers a few minutes ago.)

The best part of my week has been giving my own kids quick hugs at the water fountain... or a high five in the hallway. They really seemed to make it through their week without the usual midweek meltdowns.

Did I mention that I'm exhausted? 5:00 a.m. sucks, all you morning people have issues... and coffee is my best friend. Amen.

My oldest performed with her cheerleading squad at the Football kickoff this week... and can I just say SHE ROCKS!

My middle started his school therapy and getting some extra help a few times a day and for the first time seems to be responding to school... and telling us about his day. I can't believe the changes I've seen in him just in the last few days!

My baby is so happy about her class and loves her teacher, and has spent her week giving aid to a blind girl in her class. I watched her stand in line at the restrooms letting this little girl feel her hair and face and shoulders and then lead her into the restrooms....I almost cried. Proud doesn't even begin to cover it!

So the week is over. I going to sleep in tomorrow... right after one more beer!

2 comments:

Cassie said... said...

wow it's really nice to hear about your week via your blog since we can seem to hook up by phone. I miss our mid-day and school line talks. I guess we will just have to say hello at football games or actually make of an effort to get together.

Jae said...

I'm glad your week went well. Are you ready for another one? Me neither!