Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do you remember this commercial?

The unbearably hot days of August (which we have gotten a brief reprieve from), mixed with arguing children, has completely prepared me for the first day of school. I have really enjoyed the summer and had fun with the kids, but it is time for the structure of the school year. (Please revert me to this post when I begin bitching about my overly busy life).

We have bought the supplies,

and will attend open houses this week.

There is one big difference this year from last....I will be going with them. I have been given the opportunity to work full time for the school system as a Teacher's Aid in the self-contained special education room. Nerves, excitement (okay, a little sadness at the thought of summer vacation with the kids being over)....Its all making me a little nutty, but it's time and we are ready, BRING IT ON!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is what I need to do... work at his daycare...!


Ah! Thanks. Isaiah is such a good kid!
Grown up shows? There are such things?

Anonymous said...

It's so great that you get to work with kids all day & be so close to your own at the same time! You're going to make a great teacher to your kids in your classroom. Have fun at the open house!

~Jaye T.

Vanessa said...

AMEN.

and Amen.

Cassie said... said...

I love love love that commercial. I was actually singing that yesterday when we were shopping for supplies. Boston kept asking why I was singing a Christmas song and I told him it was a back to school song. He never did catch on.