Saturday, July 7, 2007

I am not a loner!!!!

In a society filled with amazing single mothers I have made an important discovery.......I AM NOT A SINGLE MOM!!!!! I understand that under strenuous circumstances that I could pull it off.....but I don't want to try. My husband has been gone, working out-of-town, for 4 weekends in a row. That means that he has worked endless weeks, followed by LOOOOONG weekends of not seeing him or even speaking to him. Don't get me wrong I appreciate his willingness to work himself silly...but I have definitely discovered that single parenting is not a life style I want to try long term. This dawned on me about the time I decided to run away and join the circus, whch fell curiously close to the point at which my children were completely DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

However, now that I have gone and checked on them (sleeping soundly in their rooms), and had 1...er maybe 2, (3), glasses of wine. I am remembering what complete angles they are and looking forward to tomorrow.....because that is when my husband comes home!!!!

I have a new and profound respect for these woman who do it all. And will proudly announce that I am not one of them!

No comments: