Sunday, July 1, 2007

A Real Man


As I look around at our society I realize that there are not many real men left. There are strong men, sensative men, metrosexual men.....etc. But I question how many are real men. Here's what I mean.

I know a man who can make you laugh until you cry. He cried when his children were born. He has worked his body almost to death to provide for his family. He has never threatened to leave his wife. This man has never called his wife a name. This man has coached T-ball and skipped with a line of purple clad players across the field in the name of "keeping it fun". This man has never turned down someone who needed his help. This man poured his body and soul into building his dream house.....and then got on his knees, telling God to use it for His glory.....even if that meant someone else should have it. This man has given up things he wanted, and needed, to provide Christmas presents for his children. This man has cried over his daughter's bad day. This man regularly drives in the middle of the night to pick up a child who changed their mind about a sleepover. This man slipped a rolled-up $100.00 bill to a young waitress because he knew she didn't have much money. He has loved the same woman for 13 years, even though she was sometimes unlovable. This man loves to talk to his kids on the phone. He taught his son how to pee in a uranal. He is my hero.

I have a real man.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

That bridal shower was some aphrodisiac.

: )

Hannah said...

that and having him gone so much!

Jae said...

Great post H! That "Real Man"(who was once my "little" brother)has grown up to become the man I look up to as my example of Christian faith. He has prayed with me and for me at my life's crossroads. Once (a month ago?) he even left a voice mail as he prayed for me just so I would be blessed to hear his words. Should have known that a little kid that could throw "madfits" like that would grow up to have PASSION!