Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Nathan



THE SHADOW OF A MAN
Yesterday you were a baby with a cheerful, jolly smile,
Then you grew a little, your personality grew a mile,
You ran and played with abandon caring not who would see,
Sometimes I wished there was more of this inside of me,
You grew a little more and it brought you into pain,
Even though you walked through with strength, the tears left their stain,
I see you now emerging, ready for your new experiences in life,
Working, laughing, loving, joined together with a wife,
One moment you were a child, running, yelling "catch me if you can"
But when I turned to reach you I saw the shadow of a man.

Happy birthday Nathan. I love you.

1 comment:

Amber said...

You are quite the poet! I think you need to do some readings at church... how about doing one in between songs this Sunday?!