Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Spirit

The trees up, the shopping is started, the kids are excited....what's missing. It could be Christmas spirit, if I let it. Like in many situations I have the power to set the mood for Christmas at my house. Not by having the most beautiful decorations or the most expensive gifts.... but by intentionally enjoying the season with my family. And you can do this whether you work or stay at home or whatever your situation is; by doing some things that tell your kids you love Christmas.

Make hot cocoa and pop in a Christmas movie.

After dinner, jump in the car for a look at the local Christmas lights.

Play Christmas songs on your way to take them to school.

Read Christmas books.

(My sister-in-law wrapped her refrigerator in Christmas wrapping paper!)

A friend of mine recently blogged about finally realizing that it is okay to celebrate... that God is okay and smiles upon times of celebration. Realize that, get the bah humbug out of your butt, and enjoy Christmas. It won't kill you, and it will make the memories soooo much better for your kids.

I'm done, its precarious on this soapbox.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

You're gonna need to see Chuck dance to Santa Baby. It'll take any bah humbug all away forever.

:)

Hannah said...

This is my babiest girl's favorite Christmas song....and mine.

Jae said...

Gracie and I LOVE Santa Baby too! We gotta see that dance!

Anonymous said...

Totally off of the subject....... I sent you an e-mail today with some contact information that you might need this weekend in case of an emergency.
Thanks again for your help!!!
~Jaye T.

Candice said...

Chuck and Santa Baby! You should youtube that!