Thursday, December 27, 2007

These children of mine



Footprints in the snow tell a story if you'll hear
Of children playing and laughing, innocence without fear
Angels in the snow have snowball wars without pain
Their purity like the powder is white and flawless without stain
The icicles form their kingdom which they rule, and fill with laughter
Endless running, rolling and merry as hearts pitter-patter
They build each snowy man with love and tender care
Without a thought towards the truth; tomorrow he won't be there
In the end red hands and cheeks run inside for warming hugs
Shaking off with smiles as they reach for cocoa mugs
Later as they sleep I look outside and know
Children grow up and they're gone, like footprints melting with the snow.

This Christmas I have truly been blessed. Surrounded by my wonderful family, relatives and friends. The moments that I enjoyed were also bitter sweet. I realized as I looked at my children how quickly it is going. I truly drank them in as I realized that I will blink, and this time will be over.

No comments: